Rough Session #15
- Let’s kick off with one of Andy’s iLL latest remixes. Andy loves to remix songs from his good old country Canada, he already did it in the past with the famous Rock and Roll Part 2 song from Gary Glitter. Once again, he decided to put his hands to work and did a remix of one of his favourite bands, The Darcys. The track is called 100 Mile House and the remix is pretty calm and soft in the beginning, only to end with a touch of electro and house, nothing too agressive this time. This is what we may call « ambient electro ».
- Latest production from the duo Dead CAT Bounce with this cover of El Tango De Roxanne from the movie Moulin Rouge, hence the track’s name. I really like what these two guys have done with the song, they kept the original vibe alive and still managed to make it punchy enough, a perfect blend of electro and tango.
- Switch Off is a track you must have already heard as it was included in the mixtape Geometry did for us (available here) but was, back at the time, very secretive and also nameless. The duo found a name though and released it a month ago roughly, under the name of Switch Off. You can clearly recognize the duo’s touch although the track could not be classified as being trash electro, but still, it’s very punchy and could easily be played in clubs nonetheless.
- Now THAT is a remix I really love. My Favourite Game is one of the tracks I’ve always loved ever since my teenager days and if you haven’t heard the original yet, I highly recommand it ( shame on you by the way). Anyway, an Italian guy who goes by the name of NOZE did a remix of it and I have to say, it’s really great. It got this fresh electro vibe that makes you wanna dance and everything. Either way, I’m really looking forward to other remixes from this guy, be sure to check him out on his Soundcloud.
- French duo and Complextro adepts The Noisy Freaks have done it again. Although the track came out almost a month ago, I thought it deserved to be mentionned anyway as the two fellas did a great job with this remix of KDrew’s Last Train To Paradise. Now with that being said, the duo announced that from now on they will be dedicating all their time to their next EP, be sure to hear again from them soon.
- It’s been a while since we heard from the Americain Le Castle Vania, but oh my, it was worth the wait. A week ago, the producer released his new track Play Loud, a head banging tune that already has his success over the Soundcloud community. I was always hoping for another banger like this one since his masterpiece remix of Wildchild, my prayers have finally been answered. Be sure to get your hands on it, it’s entirely free.
- Fckn Crew, how much is it been since this guy has been mentionned ? Moreover, how much is it been since his famous track Discoke has been remixed ? Months, if not years. Almost every artist put his hands to work on this track, from The Toxic Avenger to F.O.O.L through The Boomzers and more. Recently, a Belgian duo called Ravolution got working on it aswell and took the stems of an old remix contest. Better late than never, right ? The track in itself is pretty dark and trashy, I really like the overall result, be sure to get a listen and to check them out on Soundcloud.